Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Staring at the kayak...What to do?

So...you ever get a new kayak, and then just stare at it? Well, that was me this week.  I haven't done any rigging on it yet except for adding an anchor trolley to replace the previous one, installed the mesh cargo bags, and got the hatch insert for the Cuda.  I've been out in it already a few times, and I think I finally know what I want to do, and where I want some rod holders.  For awhile I was having a hard time deciding on whether to keep the flush mount holders behind the seat like they are or changing them up. Well, looking around, I came across the RAM Scotty/Hobie Wedge Base with 1.5" Ball and the RAM-TUBE™ 2008 Fishing Rod Holder (No Base). With these, I can easily convert the flush mount holders into Ram Tubes, and keep the rods higher, and give them the ability to turn out a little more for trolling.  I'm going to add some of the GearTrac's from Yak Attack to the rear of the kayak for a camera mount, and maybe some other stuff.  Up front, I haven't fully decided on the rod holder.  I do know I'll have a flush scotty mount, but I'm not sure if I'll be putting it on the center hatch, or if I will put it at the front right on the spot in front of the foot well.  If I put it there, I will use an extender to get the rod holder closer to me. I'll also be installing a camera mount up that way as well.  The only problem now is money.  I'll have to put these items off for a few weeks, or get one piece at a time.  So, for now, here is the kayak.






Fishing Kayak Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment